Admissions are open in various departments in University of the Punjab for M. phil. And Ph. D. programs for the year 2017. The forms are available in respective Departments/Centers/Institutes/Colleges till August 04th 2017.
The forms can also be downloaded from website www.pu.edu.pk/dpcc.
The written tests and interviews will be held in respective departments according to this schedule.
The following timeline will be followed for further process.
Display of results: 22/08/2017.
Interview of candidates: 24th to 31st August 2017.
1st merit list: 11/09/2017.
2nd merit list: 14/09/2017.
3rd merit list: 19/09/2017.
Final merit list plus closing of admissions: 21/09/2017.
For M. Phil. MA, M.Sc., BS/B.Sc. (hons. And Engineering) degrees in the relevant subject from HEC recognized university (16 years of Admission: 130 credit hours) as per HEC rules.
For Ph. D. MS, M. Phil., M. Sc. (Engineering/Hons.) or equivalent degree with minimum CGPA 3.00 out of 4.00/ at least 70% OPM or first division as per HEC rules.
- Subject eligibility criteria will be provided by the respective departments before the admission.
- The candidates have to qualify the admission test 50% for M. Phil and 70% for Ph. D.
- The candidate must obtain 19 out of 40 marks in academic merit to be eligible for taking admission test.
- Further processing of the admission fee is 500, this must be submitted to the respective department at the time of the test.
- Applications received after due date must not be entertained.
- The prescribed application forms, fully filled, along with attested photocopies of the educational certificates/degrees must reach to the Chairman/Director/Principal of the respective department by 04th August 2017.
For further information
Contact: Chairperson Doctoral Program Coordination Committee.
Office: 2nd floor, Department of Botany, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
Phone: +92-42-99231238, +92-32-35837668.