Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design is offering the admission in Masters of Philosophy (MPhil.) in Art and Design Education in the evening for two years. This program is approved by HEC and ideal for working professionals.
MPhil. in Art and Design at PIFD initiated a new aspect of the field of Art & Design in Pakistan by offering rigorous, manageable research degree program for Art & Design Professionals who are interested in the field of education as well.
This program offers two tracks – Art and Design, and the two path ways – Research by theory and Research by theory and Practice. Conducted over two years in Spring and Fall it culminates with an extensive thesis by research, with an option for internal placement/field practicum.
The vision of the program emphasizes the integration of educational theory with studio practice and research and industrial practice as well. The course work is designed to develop independent thinking, interdisciplinary practice, and scholarly research and writing skills.
The program’s scheme of studies is compatible for credit mobility within both European Credit transfer Systems and American University Credit Systems. The faculty are highly experienced professionals with specializations in various branches of Art, Design and Humanities Education, and qualifications from the most prestigious Ph.D. and M.Phil. programs in Europe and North America.
- Sixteen years of Schooling or a 4 year undergraduate degrees from HEC recognized universities.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience.
- Admission opening date. September 11, 2017.
- Last date to submit admission application. October 17, 2017.
- Admission entry test. October 10, 2017.
- Display of list of applicants shortlisted for interview. October, 12, 2017.
- October, 14, 2017.
- Display of list of admitted students. October, 16, 2017.
- Last date for payment of dues. October, 23, 2017.
- Semester starts. October, 24, 2017.
- Complete the admission application packet and submit to the Registrar’s office along with a fee of Rs. 1500/- by the last date for application submission.
- Appear for a mandatory Admission entry test at PIFD on October, 10, 2017.
- Appear for a mandatory interview at PIFD, if shortlisted, on October, 14, 2017.
Note. Detailed Application procedure, eligibility criteria and information available at www.pifd.edu.pk/post-graduate.
Financial aid and need based scholarships are available for deserving students.
Hostel accommodation is available separately for women and men. Transport is available as well.
About Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design.
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design Lahore, is a Federally Chartered Public Sector degree awarding institution. PIFD offers quality education in Design fields that is globally competitive in standard, yet much more affordable in comparison.
Established in 1994 as the Pakistan School of Fashion and Design, the Institution expanded from its flagship discipline of Fashion Design to eventually setup and teach seven full-fledged undergraduate degree programs in Design disciplines. In 2011, PIFD was given its degree awarding charter, following which it continues its mission to grow. Most recently, PIFD has become a full member of the CUMULUS Association, a prestigious global professional association serving Art & Design education and research. This is a significant early step towards PIFD’s aspiration to extend its mission in the direction of Research and Postgraduate education in art and design.
For further information.
Phone M.Phil. Admission helpline. 042 9923 2951-7, Ext. 150.
Office of the Registrar. 042 9923 2951-7, Ext. 107, 148, 149.
Timings. 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design. 51 – J/III Johar Town, Lahore.