GIKI Merit Calculator
Calculte your aggregate score for GIKI
The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI) is a private sector university located in Topi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. GIKI is known for setting a level of excellence in the field of engineering and technology. It is also known for the versatility of its student-organised extracurricular activities under different societies.
Salient features of GIKI
- GIKI is one of the leading engineering universities all over Pakistan with a prestigious and excellent repute regarding academics.
- According to 2021’s announcement by Times Higher Education (THE), GIK was ranked NO: 1 in Pakistan in its World University Impact Rankings 2021 in the category of Quality Education.
- The institute enjoys a spacious land of 400 acres in the scenic beauty of countryside of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan.
- Not only academics, GIKI has created a name in extra-curricular activities by forming more than 20 societies all of which are student-organized.
- Graduates from GIKI are all well groomed and own a captivating personality. They are doing best of their work for the progress of Pakistan by working under well renowned organizations most of which are internationally recognized.
Faculties and Departments
- Faculty of Engineering Sciences
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Materials and Chemical Engineering
- School of Management Science
- Department of Civil Engineering
Admission Schedule 2021
|Online submission of admission application||Jun 06th to Jul 04th, 2021|
|Last date for payment of processing fee||Jul 12th, 2021|
|Last date for receipt of financial assistance documents||Jul 12th, 2021|
|Admission Tests/Online computer-based test at selected assessment centers||Jul 26th, to Aug 1st, 2021|
|Last date for receipt of SAT-II scores||Jul 28th, 2021|
|Date of announcement of result / Merit list||Aug 18th, 2021|
|Joining & Orientation||Sept 18th, 19th 2021|
|Commencement of classes||Sept 20th , 2021|
Eligibility criteria for BS Engineering programs
- HSSC (Pre-Engineering) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics and overall.
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics and overall.
- A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
- American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with Mathematics (with Calculus), Physics and Chemistry with 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, each in Mathematics, Physics and overall.
- Three years Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in relevant technology from a Pakistani Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks each in Mathematics, Physics and overall.
Note: Applicants with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry background can apply for all programs including Computer Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for BS Artificial Intelligence and BS Computer Science
Candidates for admission must meet one of the following criteria:
- HSSC with Mathematics, Physics and any other subject as third elective with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics and overall.
- A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and any other subject, with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
Eligibility for BS Management Sciences Program
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Candidates for admission must meet one of following criteria:
- HSSC (Pre-Engineering), HSSC (General Science), HSSC (ICS), HSSC (Pre-Medical), HSSC (Humanities) with at least 60% overall marks.
- A-Level in three subjects with Ds or above grades in two principal subjects and O-Level in eight subjects for local applicants and in five subjects for those applying from abroad with overall 60% or above equivalence as per IBCC formula.
- American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with overall 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula.
Comparative Assessment Criteria (Merit List)
Candidates, who have completed one of the following qualifications and are awaiting results, may apply for provisional admission. Confirmation of admission will, however, be subject to submission of results by the date specified in the offer letter and fulfillment the above criteria.
|Criteria and weightage|
|Score in Admission Test OR SAT-II (in Mathematics and Physics for Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Programs and in any two subjects for Management Sciences Program.||85%|
|SSC/O-level (for Those with A-level and O-level background) / Equivalent||15%|
Last completed qualification for High School diploma, IB diploma or B.Sc. or DAE
How to apply
- Click here to apply online.
- Login, fill in the online form and click submit.
- Upload recent color photograph with blue background.
- Print Bank challan. (Processing Fee: Rs. 5500 for single test and Rs. 6500 for both tests, add Rs. 500 if applying for Financial Assistance)
- Make payment in Bank and fill in paid bank challan details in your profile.
- Reach test center with admit card, original Matric/O-Level Certificate and paid challan copy on the date and time printed on your admit card.
- Check entry test result online.
- Send listed documents to admission office in case admission is offered.