Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS) is a program organized by HEC for the undergraduate programs (ONLY Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics and their sub disciplines) to skim the best talent and groom their personality to yield competitive scientists among the world with critical thinking and analytical skills.
Special treats for this program
- Laptop will be provided
- An additional (a semester long) English Language course will be provided to enhance English communication and expressions skills
- After six months of completion of the language course, an IELTS/TOEFL test will be conducted
- During the second year, a summer “research” course will be offered for better research understanding and activities and students will be encouraged to design a research project
- In the third year, 100 top ranking students will be sent abroad (in a technologically advanced country) to continue their studies
- The final year project will be mandatory and the equipment will be provided by the universities
STFS Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Applicants who have scored 60% in metric and at least 70% in F.Sc. (part II) with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Candidates who have secured their F.Sc. with above subjects in 2016, with at least 70% marks
- Candidates have to score at least 50% marks in HEC scholarship test
- Candidates who are already availing another scholarship are NOT eligible to apply
- Candidates who have dual nationality are NOT eligible to apply
STFS Application Procedure
- Applications must be filled online and their print must be retained till the call for the next steps
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the information provided, any wrong information will result in cancellation
- Scholarship test will be taken in the following patterns, (1. Physics, Chemistry, Bio, English… 2. Physic, Chemistry, Mathematics, English… 3. Physics, Mathematics, Stats, English… 4. Physics, Mathematics, Comp, English… 5. Stats, Mathematics, Economics, English)
- Candidates who will fill online slips fully will get the roll number slips via email, sms, they can also be downloaded from HEC website
STFS Important Notes
- Candidates who are applying on the basis of 1st year are required immediately to provide “Second Year result card,” if they fail to do so, their aggregate will fall below 70% which may result in the rejection of the scholarship.
- The scholarship facility is available on selected universities, the list can be seen on the HEC website.
- Selected candidates will sign the Terms & Conditions as designed for the scholarship
Click here to see how to apply.
For more info
HEC call center UAN 111-119-432
Phone: 051-90808112, 051-90808109
HEC Website: www.hec.gov.pk