Higher Education Commission along with Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) are organizing an exciting opportunity for the brilliant students up to intermediate level to represent Pakistan in International Science Olympiads, under the name of the project “Stem Careers Programme.” The mission of the Stems Careers Program is to inspire the youth of Pakistan to select careers in science, mathematics and engineering and preparing them for participation in the annual International Olympiad in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. And to encourage engineering students to come up with innovative solutions to problems of the society and national interest.
There are four categories under International Science Olympiad program, one can apply under one category, so select wisely the category out of Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), and Mathematics (IMO) which you enjoy the most and have better understanding among others.
Once you submit the form, there will be some screening and filtration process tests to skim the pupil who are the best. They will then attend the International Science Olympiad event.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must;
- Be a current student of Metric (part 1), F. Sc. (part 1), O-level (part 1), A-level (part 1).
- Have scored in aggregate of 70% or more in core subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics in last exam.
- Have age less than 20 years on 30th June, 2017.
For IPhO Only: Current students of 9th, 10th and O-level.
- Students who are currently studying in F. Sc. (part II) / A-level (Part II) or University students are not eligible to apply.
- Besides cash prizes & certificates, PIEAS will also offer admissions to IPhO team in its BS Program without entry test.
Nomination forms can be obtained from
Deadline for receiving nomination forms is 26th January, 2018.