Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has launched a research grant program for local universities and Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs) under which local researchers are awarded with research grants. This step has been taken to keep Pakistani talent and brains within Pakistan.
“In the absence of facilities researchers, specifically the younger ones, are discouraged and are forced to seek better opportunities in developed countries. To avoid this brain drain, the HEC has initiated a research grant program ” — says HEC while introducing this program on its official site.
Necessary Highlights of NRPU
- Application submission is online and can be accessed here on HEC web portal..
- Applicant has to be full time serving faculty member of public sector university/DAI or of private university/DAI and list of 29 eligible private universities can be checked here.
- Project can not be prolonged over a period of more than 3 years.
- An upper limit of grant is 20 million PKR.
- In order to check details on application process, documents required and to download Application Form NRPU 2017 go here.
- Research areas for NRPU can be accessed here.
Director, Research & Development Higher Education Commission. Sector H-9 Islamabad.
For more specific financial queries contact with officers mentioned here.