The Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) has started a pilot program to support children of Overseas Pakistani Parents. It is for the students that are acquiring knowledge in Pakistani educational institutions and their parents are overseas Pakistani. This program is to provide scholarships to support these children and provide them better opportunities. This scholarship is a joint venture of OPF and Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) for the children of the parents registered with OPF. The OPF is focusing to provide scholarships to the students registered in the following programs.
- BS/ Masters Programs (including 16 years of education and MBBS, BDS and Bachelors of Engineering.
- MS programs.
Eligibility Criterion for Overseas Pakistanis Foundation Scholarships
The OPF wishes to provide these scholarships to the children whose parents stand dominant on these criterions.
- Parents of the children should be registered with the foundation even after having returned to the country from 3 years.
- The monthly income should be equal or more than 50,000/-.
- The applicant should be a regular student of an HEC recognized educational institution.
- Students applying for the intermediate program should have scored at least 60% marks in SSC annual and the same rule applies to students applying for the Graduate level.
- For the students applying to masters program should have scored 60% in graduation and CGPA of 2.5% in their BS, BBA, B.COM or BSC.
- Even the children of deceased OPF members can apply for the scholarships.
- The students applying should not possess any other scholarships.
Application/Submission of the Forms
The applying process for the scholarship is very easy. The applicants can download online forms from OPC and PEEF websites. They can obtain the hard copy of the forms from OPF Head or regional offices in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Mirpur (AJK) and Multan.
The applicants shall submit the forms to the same mentioned offices through the respective educational institutions of the applicants. The students that have already passed the intermediate, BS or Masters programs are not eligible for the same program.
Last Date for submitting the forms is 31st of December 2017.
Note: For further details, the applicants can visit the
- Senior Scholarships Manager PEEF, Lahore.
- Focal Person at Education Divison (OPF).
- OPF Head Office, Islamabad. In between Monday-Friday 08:00 am-04:00 pm.
P.O Box: 1470, Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat, Sctor G-5/2, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 51 9048252.
Cell phone: 0300 8266715.
Fax: +92 51 9206783.