The US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor was established in June 2015 as a result of the United States and Pakistan’s joint ESTWG (Education, Science and Technology Working Group). The Government of Pakistan envisions enhancing enrolment in tertiary education up to 7 million by 2025, while expanding outreach of higher education institutions (HEI’s) at distinct level. For this purpose, the US-Pak knowledge Corridor aims to provide opportunities for 10,000 Pakistani scholars for doctoral studies at ranked US universities, enabling HEIs to have highly qualified PhD faculty.
In the initial phase, HEC is focusing on sending 1500 PhD scholars to the leading universities at the beginning of fall 2017.
HEC invites applications from eligible Pakistani and AJK scholars to pursue doctoral studies in the following categories.
- Design and Media
- Engineering and Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Medical and Allied Health Sciences
- Veterinary and Food Security
- Business Sciences
- Emerging Technologies
- Human-made Materials
- Water Resources and Energy
This scholarship will cover
- Monthly living allowance
- Health insurance
- Initial settlement allowance
- Return Airfare
The scholarship will NOT cover the tuition fee.
The scholars will secure admission in the top 235 US universities and 23 university systems offering ‘tuition fee waiver.’
- Pakistani/AJK nationals.
- Have completed MS/M. Phil or equivalent degree (18 years of education) from HEC recognized universities with excellent grades.
- Age limit: Maximum 40 years for regular faculty and researchers of public sector universities and R&D (Research and Development) organizations, and 35 years for all others.
- Have acquired a valid and acceptable GRE and TOEFL scores required for admissions in US universities.
- The scholars who have already taken admissions or have been enrolled in PhD programs in top 235 US universities and 23 university systems in the identified fields may also apply for scholarship.
- Have an active commitment to serve universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after completion of studies.
- All the candidates send complete application form along with the required documents before the deadline through hec.gov.pk/US-PakCorridor.
- Overall QS ranking list is available at hec.gov.pk/site/US-PakCorridor in the identified fields.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: HEC reserves right to postpone or cancel the scholarship at any stage.
The last date for submission of Application is 31st, December, 2017.
For Further Details
Project Management Unit, US-Pak Knowledge Corridor. Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad.
Phone. 051-90400145, 90400144.